Licenses, Endorsements & Certificates

Who can drive - what when and where

Introduction to California DMV Licenses, Endorsements & Special Certificates

The California DMV uses a combination of driver’s licenses, endorsements and special certificates to determine who can drive which combination of vehicles and under what circumstances. Often you must obtain a combination of licenses, endorsements and certificates to drive a particular vehicle for a particular purpose.

For example, to transport nine or more farm workers, you would need not only a Class B license to operate a farm labor vehicle but also a passenger transportation endorsement and a special certificate for a farm labor vehicle.

It is commonly said that driving is a privilege and not a right. While there is some truth to that adage, once a license is granted by DMV, it becomes a protectable property interest subject to due process rights. If DMV has taken action (or proposes to take action) against your license, endorsement or special certificate, contact us immediately to protect your rights.

Rodney Gould got us a writ of mandate in San Bernardino when DMV unfairly suspended my son for zero tolerance. In court the judge took our side on every issue! Rodney is a wonderful wonderful man and has been there for our family through one of the most difficult times in my life. My husband and I are very appreciative.

Becky J., San Bernardino

Contact Us

4 + 12 =

Share This